Figure 1 Circles of Care Contest
1. Agreement: These rules govern the “Figure 1 Circles of Care Contest” (“Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest judges, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Sponsor: The Contest Sponsor is Figure 1, Inc. (“Figure 1”), (“Sponsor”) located at 317 Adelaide St. West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1P9
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all Registered Users of Figure 1, have attained the age of 18, who are healthcare professionals or students in a healthcare field except for employees or independent contractors, their immediate families and anyone living with any employee or associates of the Contest Sponsor. The winner must provide evidence of his/her status as a healthcare professional or as a student to be eligible for the Contest Prize.
4. Contest: To enter the Contest, nominate a Physician or Resident you work with, or have previously worked with, who demonstrated superior communication and collaboration that directly improved the care of a patient. Submit your nomination using the form accessible by link in contest promotions. For your Circles of Care entry to be eligible for contest participation, the nominated Physician or Resident must register on Figure 1 and verify the details of your nomination.
The Contest begins at 12:00am ET/November 23, 2018 and ends at 11:59pm ET/November 30, 2018,. The potential winner will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply within 48 hours to maintain eligibility. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select another eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, the potential winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
5. Prize: The Circles of Care team shortlisted by the Figure 1 team that receives the most votes from the community will be declared the winner. The winning nominator will receive a Figure 1 swag bag and the winning physician will be featured on a Figure 1 on 1.
6. Release: Prior to being declared the winner,, the winning physician will be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by Sponsor within two (2) days of notification of winning or they may be forfeited and another entry will be identified as the winner.
By participating in the Contest, nominee entrant agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (Released Parties) from and against any claim of cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular, tower or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; © mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads; (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including , without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application or the processing of downloaded entries in any contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or part, from entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any case of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the rights to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
8. Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information, creating fake accounts and inviting persons who are not healthcare professionals or students.
9. Other: Odds of winning depend on the merits of the entries received, the number of entries received and voting by the Figure 1 community. All ties will be broken by the Figure 1 medical team. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsors reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsors reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed Sponsor is not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on the website or Contest software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsors are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any questions can be sent to email@example.com.
To connect with healthcare professionals around the world who are viewing, discussing, and sharing medical cases, join Figure 1.